[dev] wicked API

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 10:43:05 UTC 2015

All,

please forgive me if I am asking stupid questions here but I am having
ongoing problems using the API of wicked -- and also of other horde
modules. Here are my questions:

I am playing with blocks and want to access the wicked API for getting page
information:
$res = $registry->call('wiki/getPageInfo', array('mypage'));

1.) APIname 'wiki' corresponds to wicked, 'contacts' to turba (a little
less intuitive), how about the other modules, where are the APInames
defined?
2.) I am surprised that the second argument needs to be an array even
though the documentation says string. It's not the parameter passing as
such as the pageExists method works fine on a string
3.) with the above code I get an Exception. From the syslog:
Jul 17 12:33:31 max HORDE: [wicked] Cannot access protected property
Wicked_Page_StandardPage::$_page [pid 31625 on line 59 of
"/usr/local/www/apache24/data/wicked/lib/Api.php"]
4.) trying to work around with
$res = $registry->call('wiki/getMultiplePageInfo', array('mypage'));
I get a (to me) even more mysterious message:
Jul 17 12:16:46 max HORDE: [wicked] PHP ERROR:
require_once(/usr/local/www/apache24/data/wicked/lib/base.php): failed to
open stream: No such file or directory [pid 37311 on line 77 of
"/usr/local/www/apache24/data/wicked/lib/Api.php"]
AFAIK base.php was last used in horde version 3 or so. Any chance I failed
to installed an optional dependency?

About API documentation:
* I am using http://dev.horde.org/api/master/
* but it sometimes seems that other sources like
http://fossies.org/dox/horde-5.2.6/ are more up to date. Which one to
choose?
* generating documentation from the codebase is probably safest, which tool
would you recommend? apigen, phpDox or phpDocumentor maybe?

Thanks for all insights

  Sebastian