[dev] Opening E-Mails via IMP

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Sep 5 13:28:41 UTC 2019

Quoting Sebastian Birnbach <birnbacs at gmail.com>:

> In my own Horde file management application I whish to link entries
> ("dossiers") to E-Mail messages. The idea is to keep a message's UID as a
> reference in the dossier and open the message for closer inspection upon if
> the user so whishes. I imagine opening a new IMP window with the message,
> enabling the user to answer, download, forward etc.
>
> Is there a way to open an E-Mail message of known UID and mailbox from
> another Horde application *in IMP* ? I had a look at IMP_Api and find
> nothing helpful.

Off the top of my head, because of the way IMP caches message
information, I don't think it's currently possible to open an IMP
message view window referencing only an IMAP UID via code from another
application.

Your statement about using IMAP directly needing extra authentication
isn't exactly correct. You can use IMP_Api::imapOb() to get a
reference to the Horde_Imap_Client object, already authenticated
(assuming IMP uses "hordeauth" or the user is already otherwise
authenticated to IMP).  You can then use the Horde_Imap_Client object
to fetch what you need to display.