[gollem] folder/directory "debate"

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Nov 16 11:23:15 PST 2004

Quoting Benoit St-André <ben at benoitst-andre.net>:

> Everywhere in Gollem, we are talking about the term "directory". The
> main problem about that is that most of the actual operating
> systems/window manager/file browsers are talking about "folder" instead
> of "directory".

I think at one point we standardized on Directory, but I don't remember
reasoning behind it, just a sense that one was better than mixing them.
I think
your point about standard file browers/operating systems using Folder
is a good
one, and if no one objects, I'd gladly take a patch for it.

-chuck

Quincy Adams