[gollem] Re: Can't get multi-user homedirectories working

Richard Hobbs hobbs at mongeese.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 06:55:39 PST 2005

This message is in MIME format.

--=_qyd25i87qsw

Hello,

> Zitat von Richard Hobbs <hobbs at mongeese.co.uk>:
>
>> I have just downloaded and installed gollem from
>> "gollem-HEAD-2005-03-22.tar.gz", and while it works fine when using the
>> standard SQL engine, i do not want each user to be able to see
>> everyone else's
>> files.
>>
>> I have therefore decided to go for the "home directory and root
>> directory in a
>> SQL vfs" backend.
>>
>> I have created the "horde_muvfs" table, and i have altered the
>> relevant section
>> of backends.php (see below), but when i try to create a folder, i simply get
>> "Access denied to folder ""." and "Access denied to folder ""." (one with an
>> 'i' icon, and another with a warning icon).
>
> You should use the regular horde_vfs table.

I have now edited the backends.php file so the relevant section uses
"horde_vfs" instead, but i'm still getting the same problem.

Please see attached screenshot for the exact error.

The backends.php file says it's using "/home" as the root, and effectively
"/home/$username" as the homedir, but these directories are not created inside
the horde_vfs table... should they be created manually, or automatically?

Also, i'm using the latest stable release of the Horde framework and other
modules, not the CVS versions, if this makes a difference.

Thanks again,
Hobbs.

--
Richard Hobbs            http://mongeese.co.uk