[gollem] File Driver and multiple users

Julian Pace Ross julian.paceross at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 02:26:31 PST 2006

Hi Michael,
I ran into this problem too, using Apache. Changing the UID of all
the directories the users need to access, to the Apache UID did not make
sense to me.
What I did was install an ftp server (vsftpd): is very easily
configurable through one conf file, and can be run as a daemon or through
xinetd. Make it listen only on 127.0.0.1 if it makes you feel safer. I
configured the gollem ftp backend and was up and running within less than an
hour..
Good FAQ: www.vsftpdrocks.org

Cheers
Julian