[gollem] Can gollem share with non-subscribers?

Olger Diekstra olger.diekstra at cardno.com.au
Mon Feb 11 22:44:14 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

Just my 2c.
I agree with Corky, that would be a usefull function, to us as well.
One way I can see this work, is where you select multiple files in Horde
Filemanager and click on a "Send Link" button. Horde will then generate an
email with unique links to each file and send it to a list of recipients.
Those links could have a limited lifetime, can only download from it once or
twice, etc. Once someone has downloaded a file or multiple files, Horde
could then track that for the sender to review, or send an email to the
sender with a status update.
Once files have been downloaded the links should be deactivated after an x
amount of hours/days.

Sometimes people want to send us files too, and it's not always practical to
create accounts for everyone. Besides, I'd rather create only accounts for
internal people, not external. So, here's a scenario for external people
being able to upload files without having accounts:
The only assumption here is that an internal person knows and wants a file
from an external source. This internal person could then initiate a request
for a file upload from within Horde (click on a button "Request File").
Horde will then submit an email to a specified recipient with a one-time
link to an upload page where someone can upload multiple files into that
internal persons space. Once done, Horde should send an alert to the owner
of that space, the internal person.

Regards,

Olger Diekstra
Group IT Officer