[horde] SMTP Auth

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Apr 22 08:17:02 PDT 2002

Quoting Oliver Siegmar <mailings at ultimate-systems.de>:

> is it possible configuring horde to authenticate against smtp-server
> using the sambe username and password the user entered at logon time?
>
> The mail server my horde installation has to send mails through, needs
> smtp auth...but I found no option in horde configuration.

It's untested and not guaranteed, but, if you use Auth::getAuth() where
the username is configured and Auth::getCredential('password') for the
password, in the SMTP options array, it _should_ work, at least in most
cases.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity