[horde] Missing RPM?

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Wed Jun 19 12:10:25 PDT 2002

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Gordon Gray <gord at icu.ca> wrote:

> [root at luna rpm]# rpm -U *rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
> 	horde = 1.2.4 is needed by horde-pgsql-1.2.4-1rh7
>
> As you can see, horde 2.0-1 will not overwrite horde 1.2.4 because it is
> needed by horde-pgsql 1.2.4.  Since there is no compatible upgrade path
> for horde-pgsql, I'm at a loss as to what I should do.

Upgrading directly from Horde 1.2.x/IMP 2.2.x to Horde 2.0/IMP 3.0 isn't
supported -- the configuration files are radically different, and no one
has written a conversion process that the RPMs could use.

Note that horde-pgsql isn't needed with Horde 2.0 (PHPLIB is gone now), so
you could remove that (probably have to use --nodeps) and then the rest
would "upgrade"... just realize that the resulting configuration files
will not be at all usable, and you'll still have to configure by hand.

You'll also have database conversion issues if you were storing contacts
in IMP 2.2.x (which now go in Turba etc.) -- there are scripts that may
help, on www.horde.org under "Contributions" for each app.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html