[horde] new project?

Ibarra, Michael m.ibarra at cdcixis-na.com
Wed Aug 28 06:19:48 PDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Cochrane [mailto:mike at graftonhall.co.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 9:10 AM
To: horde at lists.horde.org
Subject: RE: [horde] new project?

Quoting "Ibarra, Michael" <m.ibarra at cdcixis-na.com>:

> Yes, there are already quite a few clients available, but I
> haven't seen any that are php, but I haven't looked very hard.
> See http://www.jabbercentral.com/clients for a list.
>
> -mike

There's been some work on php libraries and code....
http://sourceforge.net/projects/php-jabber/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jabberlib/
http://www.jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/phpjabberclass/
http://download.jabber.org/php/

i'd be intrested to see how an instant mesenger could work as a web
application.

- Mike :-)

IM clients, assuming your server allows it, can be centralized allowing
your client to talk with others from any number of other services. For
instance, you can talk from one client to users at AOL, Yahoo, etc, as
well as from your own list of server/s. Where can it be useful? On a
HelpDesk allowing your staff to work from wherever they want to.

-mike