[horde] [newbie] errors installing (pear?)

izzk at netcourrier.com izzk at netcourrier.com
Mon Sep 9 11:15:23 PDT 2002

Hello,

<chat mode on>

I'm quite a php newbie but i've been using imp for two years and i just love it. Few month ago, my host changed (at last !!!) from 2.2.2 to 3.?, wich is even more impresive.
Too bad, they cut of any Horde image or message end added a footage to every mail saying "this email sent by amen webmail webmail.amenworld.com" (i can provide sample accound if a core member wanna check). It pissed me off and i decided i would install imp on my one serveur (almost done) then change the host company. i'm not an ingeneer but a business student and it is a nice chalenge.

<chat mode off>

anyway, i'm almost ready to use imp 3.1 ! db created, horde loaded and imp loaded. It worked local (W98SE + easyphp 1.6/MySQL) so i changed config and put it on the web (still linux hyper-newbie err ;) ).
too bad, my host don't have pear.
i d/l it and put it in horde/imp/pear/, then put in horde dir a .htaccess with :
php_value include_path ".:/home/sites/site76/web/horde/imp/pear"

now, horde/test.php is working all fine, just MCAL, Mrypt and progresSQL are on NO, pear suport is all green :
www.davreux.com/horde/test.php

the imp test.php is 100%, and a test with my account on my own mail serveur works fine :
www.davreux.com/horde/imp/test.php

problem comes when i try to log in. first i get a 10053 error saying the program stopped connexion, after some reload i have the login.
then i try to log and get 10053 pages or this (relies on chance ...)

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /home/sites/site76/web/horde/imp/pear/Log/file.php on line 48

Warning: fopen("/tmp/horde.log", "a") - Opération non permise in /home/sites/site76/web/horde/imp/pear/Log/file.php on line 48

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/site76/web/horde/imp/pear/Log/file.php:48) in /home/sites/site76/web/horde/imp/redirect.php on line 84

but with "reload" i end up in my mail box. a few reload later (10053) i'm done and i disconnect and on logout screen i get this on top of the re-connect box :

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /home/sites/site76/web/horde/imp/pear/Log/file.php on line 48

Warning: fopen("/tmp/horde.log", "a") - Opération non permise in /home/sites/site76/web/horde/imp/pear/Log/file.php on line 48

(nb Opération non permise = operation mot allowed)

Here i try to kill myself a few time and after a few search on faq and mailing list archive, i decided to post.

you can see the thing here :

www.davreux.com/horde/imp/

as always it is something very stupid, it is just i can't see it ;)

thanks a lot if you can help, sorry for bugging, and big thanks to the team

Alan