[horde]

Jdebrunn jdebrunn at one.net
Fri Dec 6 14:56:14 PST 2002

Hello:

I'm trying to get the latest (CVS) version of Horde/Imp/etc running and
cannot get past the login screen.

When I use IMP/IMAP login, I get a success message in the log but I'm
returned to the login screen. Using the IMP test page I get a successful
logon to the IMAP server. The regular horde/test.php is OK except for PEAR.
I copied the current PEAR files over from the horde site and still get an
out of date pear message. I saw a message on the list that this is not an
accurate message - is that true?

When I try SQL login, I get a bad username/password message and a failure
message in the log. I have tried saving the password as both plaintext and
MD5 without success. I used

I have set logging to the max but am not getting many messages so I'm not
getting any help there. Connections to the database are fine so the problem
is not with connectinig to the database. I used htpasswd on the linux box to
generate the hash for the SQL login - using the word 'password' as the
password it gave the hash as:
$apr1$MTiPk/..$RUl4j2tagFs/PQchQGGU0/
Does that look correct or could that be the problem with the SQL login?

I'm using Postgresql on a linux box for the database and a W2K box as the
webserver. I've had Horde/IMP running on the linux box but I'm trying out
the new apps that require newer versions of PHP than I can get to install. I
have the latest PHP on the Windows machine which is why I'm using it
instead.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Joe