[horde]

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Sat Dec 7 10:15:35 PST 2002

lør, 2002-12-07 kl. 13:26 skrev Tony Earnshaw:

> Which raises the question: "Why did the otherwise brilliant Horde
> developers make this so difficult? Why does md5 work for them and not
> for everyday people like me?"

Sebastian Beutel's geniality solved *that* one.

New users need to be entered into MySQL with MySQL's md5() and *not*
password() for password encryption.

Then Horde CVS HEAD (and presumably 2.5) work right out of the box.

This does *not* mean that the scripts/db/mysql_create.sql script has to
be changed (in fact it must *not* be changed): it uses the pear DB
classes and not the Horde classes, which the lib/Auth/sql.php script
uses.

None of this stuff is documented, which may or may not be "a Good
Thing", in as much as it forces one to think and learn PHP4. "Learning
by use of the cat o' nine tails", just like school again.

By the way, I have no problem with my chosen locale, nn_NO. It works
o.k., but it ain't complete, though. Nokon so' vil ha hjelp?

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw