[horde] Status on install

Michael J. Pawlowsky mikejp at videotron.ca
Wed Jan 8 05:44:01 PST 2003

>> Some kind of hierarchical menu would be nice, but that smells like DHTML,
>> and I don't know if we want to require that or can come up with something
>> that regresses nicely.
>
>That won't work with the current frameset structure. We could certainly
>circumvent this with proprietary solutions but not cross browser
>compatible.
>At least not if we do it the "standard" way with a menu opening up from top
>to bottom or vice versa. We need to let the submenu slide from left to
>right
>inside the menu bar. That probably looks really funky, but I have no idea
>how that deals with usability.

The only issue with that is you either need to call a focus function (Javascript) on each page you load
if you have a separate frame for the menu base or you need need to leave an empty frame for the child menus to be drawn in.
 I do this at http://www.wimac.org/ if you want to take a look. A bit of a space waster.

There should be some default menu structure that could be that.
But I still think it really should just be some object that an admin can write
a function to walk through it and display it however he/she wants.
It allows them to personalize their site a bit more.

While I'm on the subject of  hierarchy. I don't suppose someone here has a nice class to display  hierarchies?
for instance you have a table (id, parent id, name) and it will display properly with several level.

Cheers,
Mike

Cheers,
Mike