[horde] Re: [imp] What's the advantage of using CVS?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 21 22:54:35 PST 2003

Quoting Colin Rognlie <colin at crcon.net>:

> I'm having this problem as well.  I *VERY* badly want to try out the pgp
> code,
> but as far as I've gotten is downloading and running horde-rsynch.sh
>
> Is there any documentation on taking those files and making something
> browsable
> out of it?

After you have the files, it is no different than starting with the
tarball after untaring it.

Can you explain better what kind of information you want?

* Basically, download the files via rsync or cvs
* Point your web server at that directory
* Create any needed storage backends (sql, ldap, etc)
* Configure all the configuration files in horde/config/ and horde/*/config/
* Enjoy!

At which step are you getting stuck?

Now, of course you can make it more complex than the above.  But the above
will work by itself.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics