[horde] failing to log in to horde cvs HEAD using imap

Bill Dossett bd at emtex.com
Fri Apr 4 03:37:29 PST 2003

Hi,

I've got the following in my conf.php

$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';

// An array holding any parameters that the Auth object will need to
// function correctly.
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();

// For IMAP, this is the server name, port, protocol, etc.
$conf['auth']['params']['dsn'] = '{mailgate.emtex.com:143/imap}INBOX';

and it won't let me log in using my name and pw.

I am currently testing the cvs HEAD version, but was previously
running stable versions and authenticating via imp ...
I followed what was in the config files in putting my host name
and the port was already correct and I guess imap is the protocol
and I don't know what the INBOX bit is, but it was already there
and I just followed the syntax that was there exactly and it just
keep saying authentication failed... is there more documenation
or examples on this somewhere as I'm really having a hard time
with this as the examples don't seem to be complete... there isn't
any example about how to use ftp or any of the other types of
authentication...  and I need to get into this not using IMP so
that I can get create imps conf.php I guess.

Thanks
Bill Dossett