AW: horde logging (was) Re: [horde] failing to log in to horde cvsHEAD using imap]

Udo Schubert news4dadirtyluk at gmx.de
Mon Apr 7 11:48:22 PDT 2003

>> I was wrong when I said it was creating the horde.log, it
>>   isn't, I deleted it and it isn't even creating the log file....

>I'm not sure if it will create this file itself or not.  I always
pre-created
>it and made sure it had the correct permissions (owned by web server
>process, no world/other access, etc).  Some one else who knows more about
>this can address this issue.  I use syslog logging myself, and only messed
>with file based a few times...

it doesn't matter,whether the file exists or not...important is only,that
the location,the logfile should be must be writeable by the user,the
webserver
is running under!(/tmp, for example) but the created file is readable by
all!
if you don't like that you'll have to create it first with the rights
needed...

best regards

	udo