[horde] horde with imaps

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Jul 25 08:42:58 PDT 2003

Quoting Sadananda B Rai <srai at mail.zeomega.com>:

>    Hello All,
>               I have installed Horde on Redhat 9 system and it’s working
> fine with imap.

Fantastic!

> When I switch to imaps(ssl on port 993) it not logging
> in and says login failed and sometime no response.

Can you look at your imap server logs and see if anything is there?  System
logs?  Horde logs?  Results from horde/imp/test.php when you try to login?
Anything useful like the actual error you get?

> I have done the
> required changes in imp/servers.php file, Please anybody help me with
> this ? as the earliest

You really didn't provide enough info to help.  Common problems are:

1) You are not running imaps on the mail server
2) You are running imaps on a different port than you specified in servers.php
3) You don't have imaps configured with a certificate on the imap server
4) You have a self-signed certificate and didn't specify /novalidate-cert
5) You don't have imap-ssl support in your php
6) You have a firewall or similar blocking connections

> Thanks in advance
> Rai

Specify more info and maybe we can help more.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!