[horde] horde-rsync.sh and website example issue

David B odyseus at whatistruth.net
Tue Nov 18 15:58:41 PST 2003

Hello,

Today I was trying to follow HEAD with rsync and came across a little
issue. The example at http://www.horde.org/rsync/ says use rsync -avC
rsync.horde.org::horde-cvs /your/local/path

I did that and when I tried to checkout modules from the tree it was
giving me errors: cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot stat /var/lock/cvs: No
such file or directory I thought I perhaps wasn't understanding how to
use the command line for cvs, so I grabbed the script on the same page
and still had same problems. Finding a the post at the end of this post
helped to straighten me out.

I thought I would recommend changing the example to

rsync -avC --exclude="CVSROOT/config*" rsync.horde.org::horde-cvs
/your/local/path

to help people to keep from getting "bushwhacked"

and/or also in horde-rsync.sh
changing RSYNC_ARGS="-av --delete"  to
RSYNC_ARGS="-av --delete-excluded"
just a thought, perhaps setting it to delete the excluded item on the
receiving side isn't a good idea but is again just a suggestion as it
would have help me out.

Thanks,

David