[horde] Calendar shared by default / default accessauthorisation for authenticated users

Frederic Olivie alf at club-internet.fr
Sat Nov 29 10:13:47 PST 2003

Thanks for your answer chuck. I was not very clear though. It is the default
calendar I was interested in. You pointed me in the right direction tough,
and for those interested, I include a diff that will do exactly this at the
end of this email.

> > the calendars are shared, there is no way to "hide" personal
appointments for
> > example.
>
> Right, that's why you have a private calendar and a shared one...

On this matter, I do not fully agree. Shared calendars have one main
interest. The Free/Busy problem solving. And one might want to "lock" some
time for a meeting which content might only be seen by himself even if his
shared calendar will show that this specific time of day is not available
for any other appointments. That's why it could be interesting to be able to
have a "private" flag on a meeting in a shared calendar.
Does this make sense ?

Here is the diff that could be applied to kronolith/lib/base.php and does
the following on the user's default calendar :
- Render it shared by default
- Authorize show, read, modify for any authenticated user.

*** base.php    21 Oct 2003 13:14:17 -0000      1.93
--- base.php    29 Nov 2003 18:08:51 -0000
***************
*** 138,145 ****
              }
              $share = &$GLOBALS['shares']->newShare(Auth::getAuth());
              $share->setOwner(Auth::getAuth(), false);
!             $share->setShareName(sprintf(_("%s's Calendar"), $name),
false);
!             $GLOBALS['shares']->addShare($share);
          }
      }
  }
--- 138,157 ----
              }
              $share = &$GLOBALS['shares']->newShare(Auth::getAuth());
              $share->setOwner(Auth::getAuth(), false);
!           $share->setShareName(sprintf(_("%s's Calendar"), $name), false);
!           $share->setType(1, false);
!
!           $GLOBALS['shares']->addShare($share);
!
!           $share = $GLOBALS['shares']->getShare($share->getShareId()) ;
!           $perm = &$share->getPermission();
!
!           $perm->addDefaultPermission(_PERMS_SHOW, false);
!           $perm->addDefaultPermission(_PERMS_READ, false);
!           $perm->addDefaultPermission(_PERMS_EDIT, false);
!
!           $share->setPermission($perm);
!           $share->save() ;
          }
      }
  }