[horde] Horde Newbie question.

Anthony Headley hoss at downrighttech.com
Sat Jan 24 05:13:43 PST 2004

Hi there,

So I'm new with horde and Linux but a quick study, and I'm having some
problems with installing horde 2.2.

K, to start I'm running on a shared server with the following

Apache 1.3.20

PHP 4.3.2

mySQL 4.0.1

After running the test.php everything looks alright except the following:

*PHP Module Capabilities*

DOM XML Support: No

IMAP Support: No

LDAP Support: No

MCAL Support: No

Mcrypt Support: No

PostgreSQL Support: No

*PEAR*

Mail_Mime - No

You do not have the Mail_Mime package installed on your system. See the
INSTALL file for instructions on how to install the package.

.

Everything else has a green yes next to it. I don't think that any of those
missing components should affect me, though please correct me if I'm wrong.

Currently I only have access to one database that is not named horde, but I
reconfigured and ran the mysql_create.sql script to create the needed tables
in my database. I then configured the /config/horde.php file with my SQL
logon and server address info in the preferences, auth and log sections of
the config file.

When I try to go to www.mydomain.com/horde, I get the login page as would be
expected. However when I try to login (even though I don't have any user
accounts yet) or when I click on logout I get the following error:

A fatal error has occurred:

An error has occurred. Furthermore, Horde encountered an error attempting to
log this error.

[line 193 of /home/.sites/66/site367/web/horde/lib/Horde.php]

.

I have read the Install file a few times, have gone through the config
files, and tried many different options but I have not had any luck. I'm
sure it's something simple but since I can't get logging working I'm not too
sure where to look.

Thanks for reading; any help would be greatly appreciated!

Anthony Headley

(lover of horde, but would like to get it on to my server)