[horde] removing system users

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Feb 27 10:12:15 PST 2005

When I delete a user from the posix system, I was thinking that I could
create use a perl script to connect to horde database and 'delete from
horde_prefs where pref_value = "$NAME_OF_USER" and that would be simple
enough

But then I'm presuming that the horde system has no method for detecting
a deleted user and doing that for me.

I'm also presuming that there might be other things like
- group memberships
- shared objects (calendars, task lists, etc.)

so I ran a little experiment and created a user (test2)

then shared his calendar, then deleted user from posix system and
deleted test2 user from horde_prefs per above.

Calendar still exists...
User no longer listed in Administration->Users

so the calendar is like a 'zombie'

So I re-created the user in posix test2 user again

and tried using the Administration->Users->Delete User (trash can)

that gave me an error (thankfully) as it tried to delete the imap
account. It would be an effort for horde to remove this user from ldap.

Anyway - the user remained in assigned groups though user wasn't listed
in Users

I guess my conclusions to all this are:

- it would be best if I could 'pipe' or spool backend account deletions
to horde -> Administration -> Users -> 'Clear User' so that clean up was
done. Is there a way to externally access or simply create a 'queue'
that could be read by Administrator when accessing the Users/Groups
Setup module?

- I'm thinking that the Administration -> Users -> Delete User function
is only relevant to those that use the 'Horde Sign Up' functions that
permit backend creation/deletion of accounts - and for most other users,
it would be dangerous or useless and should probably not be shown.

Craig