[horde] How to allow the addition of users?

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins at utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 20 19:15:39 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 01:01:51PM -0400, Patrice Levesque wrote:

>> I'll just add some users manually via the mysql command line.  Do I put
>> passwords in as plain text, or is there another method?
>
>They are MD5 encoded:
>
># USE horde;
># INSERT INTO horde_users (user_uid, user_pass) VALUES ("my_user", md5("my_password"));

Thank you, that worked... I think.  I now get a very happy horde login
screen, but it isn't accepting any login/password information.  It very
politely tells me that I have entered a login or password incorrectly.
The log file shows this:

Jul 20 17:04:15 HORDE [error] [horde] FAILED LOGIN for Administrator
[192.168.0.42] to Horde [on line 95 of "/usr/share/horde3/login.php"]

I have tested all of the users that I set up, several times, so I am
certain that I have not simply mistyped something.  I also tried putting
in a plaintext password, but sadly, still nothing.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.
--

yours,

William