[horde] connecting to LDAP

Silver Salonen silver at ultrasoft.ee
Wed Sep 21 04:07:31 PDT 2005

Thanks for suggestion :)

But it wasn't what I ment.
Right now, for authenticating users, Horde connects to LDAP with username
'cn=horde,ou=systemaccounts,dc=example,dc=dom' and password 'mypassword'.

But I want it to connect with username and password that are somehow derived
from username and password provided by user currently logging in.

For an instance, if I'm logging in with username 'silver at ultrasoft.ee' and
password 'silverpassword', I'd expect Horde to connect with
'cn=silver,cn=ultrasoft.ee,dc=hosting,dc=example,dc=dom' and password
'silverpassword'.

In this way the user that is currently logging in couldn't read any
information besides his own (even if he tried, due to some security hole or
smth) because he's not given enough rights in LDAP-server. And I should't be
afraid of exposing my configuration file.

I hope my wish is more clear now :)

PS. I didn't find such hook from hooks.php either.

Silver