[horde] Setting mail server in shared environment ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu Jan 5 19:58:54 PST 2006

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy at hub.org>:
>

>> I'm setting up a clean install of horde, and would like to suggest a
>> change to the configuration procedures that I'm not sure if can be done,
>> but ... well, can't hurt to suggest ...
>>
>> In our configuration, each of our clients has their own mail server, its
>> not one big shared one ... so, we have our mailer configured as:
>>
>> $conf['mailer']['params']['host'] = 'mail.' .
>> preg_replace('|^webmail\.|i', '', $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]);
>>
>> So that each client connecting is configured for their individual domain,
>> but without having multiple copies installed ...
>>
>> After I made this change to conf.php (after configuration through the
>> GUI), and went back to the GUI, the setting is now set to:
>>
>>  		mail.wm2.hub.org
>
> Put this code below the marker that is explicitely there for that
> purpose, and all is fine.

D'oh ... I didn't even thing of that :(  I realize this might be obvious
to some, but could I suggest a simple comment at the end:

/* Place any local overrides below this line */

I had assume the complete file was regenerated, didn't even think that
anything below the line that is there would just be copied over :(

Thanks ...

----