[horde] Cached Memory

Dominaux, Craig C CCDominaux at cbe.ab.ca
Tue Oct 17 10:04:52 PDT 2006

Hi All

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question.

In TOP my cached memory is showing 4.1GB used memory, Horde is my only
site why would the cached memory use up so much RAM. And when there is a
load on the system the cached memory doesn't drop fast enough for the
demand and force memory to SWAP.
I've restarted the box and this Cached memory climbs to 4.1GB within 4
hours.

I have a front end WebServer running Apache 2.2.0 and PHP-4.4.4 with
Zend Optimizer 3.0.0
And the following Horde components
*	Horde: 3.1.3
*	Imp: H3 (4.1.3)
*	Kronolith H3 (2.1.2)
*	Mnemo: H3 (2.1)
*	Nag: H3 (2.1.1)
*	Turba: H3 (2.1.2)

This machine is a dual proc 3.0 GHZ with 8GB of Ram

I do have other RAM issues such as sudden rise in httpd processes of
over 100MB within 10 seconds.

I am getting about 8000 - 9000 logins per day and rising
This box should be able to handle much more than this but because of the
memory leaks I'm reduced to 400 Max Clients.
If anyone could point me in the right direction of what I should be
doing that would be great

Thanks ahead of time,

Craig C Dominaux,