[horde] Timezone problems

Dan Lewis Dan.Lewis at TheLewisHouse.com
Thu Jan 18 12:18:07 PST 2007

Greetings!

I'm having problems with the timezone setting in the user options of
Horde. It seems no matter what timezone I set it to, all the times are
displayed in GMT.

Here's the configuration:

Windows/XP Pro (SP2)
Horde 3.1.3
Apache 2.2.3
PHP 4.4.4 (safe_mode off)
Timezone set to "Pacific/Tijuana"

The symptoms manifest themselves in a number of ways:

(1) If I add a "Current Time" panel to the Horde Layout options, then
the time displayed is always GMT rather than local time, no matter
what timezone I set.

(2) If I add a "Calendar Summary" panel to the Horde Layout, events
that occur between the current (Pacific) time and 8 hours later are
not listed - as if their time had already passed.

(3) The emails listed in my Inbox are displayed with arrival times
that are 8 hours later than their actual arrival time (as would be the
case for GMT).

I checked the server, and Windows displays the correct time in the
bottom right-hand corner of its screen - and it's timezone setting is
also "Pacific/Tijuana".

Maybe we missed it, but neither I nor our Computer Systems
Administrator were able to find any relevant information on the web,
including in the Horde bugs database. Perhaps I have a configuration
setting that needs to be changed. Ideas?

Dan Lewis