[horde] Assigning calendar editing permissions to child group

Abu Hurayrah abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Wed Jan 24 15:55:57 PST 2007

Greetings all,

I've just successfully installed Horde Groupware Webmail edition 1.0 on
my aging RHEL3 server, and I couldn't be more pleased.  Horde really
demonstrates a level of refinement that is exceptional, even in the
world of free-and-open-source software.  I am still learning how to use
it, though, and I had a question that I couldn't find an answer to.

I have created groups and child groups under these groups, to a depth of
three levels, so far.  I want to be able to assign permissions to groups
to, for example, be able to edit a calendar I've created.  However, the
only group available under the permissions menu for my calendar is the
root group I created, and none of the children groups.  I guess I
thought that any group would be able to have permissions assigned to
it.  Am I wrong, and if so, can someone explain to me where child groups
would be utilized?  I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!