[horde] Getting "Unable to connect to SQL server" in

James Mohr horde at jimmo.com
Wed Jun 27 08:05:00 UTC 2007

> have you given the appropriate priviliges (through your sql server) for
> the user 'horde' to connect to the server with the password 'hordepw'?

My hope would be that since the setup script asked for this information as
well as a user to connect to the DB to create the tables  (e.g. root) it
would be done for. When other applications ask for this information and
create the tables, they also create the user with the necessary access.

In any event, that was the first thing I checked before posting and there was
no horde user in the mysql.user table.  So I created with all access.

At this point, I cannot get back into Horde at all. I am no longer getting the
SQL errors.  However, since there are no users, I cannot login.

I did find the script script.initial_horde_user.sql (is this documented
anywhere which is easy to find?).  It created the user, but the default
password "admin" listed in the script does not seem to work.