[horde] WG: Customizable webmail login

Pat Taylor gowireless at giganetwireless.com
Wed Jul 25 21:03:07 UTC 2007

Jan Schneider <jan <at> horde.org> writes:

> ----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von mechhadi <at> gmail.com -----
>      Datum:  Fri, 3 Feb 2006 17:53:48 +0330
>        Von: Hadi Aghabarati <mechhadi <at> gmail.com>
>    Betreff:  Customizable webmail login
>         An: consulting <at> horde.org
>
>   Hi,
>
>   At first, I should say that I am a beginner in HTML doc.
>
>   I've purchased my domain using horde webmail services. Then I've built my
own website using Microsoft
> frontpage 2003.
>
>   Now I'm going to customize login to horde webmail from my own website, so
would you please help me in this
> matter?
>
>   Thanking you in advance for your help and concern.
>
>   Looking forward to hearing from you.
>
>   Best Regards,
>
>   Hadi
>
> ----- Ende der weitergeleiteten Nachricht -----
>
>   --
> Professional Horde and PHP consulting and development
> http://janschneider.de
>

> From: Hadi Aghabarati <mechhadi <at> gmail.com>
> Subject: Customizable webmail login
> Date: 2006-02-03 14:23:48 GMT
>

> Hi,
>
> At first, I should say that I am a beginner in HTML doc.
>
> I've purchased my domain using horde webmail services. Then I've built my
> own website using Microsoft frontpage 2003.
>
> Now I'm going to customize login to horde webmail from my own website, so
> would you please help me in this matter?
>
> Thanking you in advance for your help and concern.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Hadi

Hello Jan...

Firstly I am noob to 'psa' 'horde' and all that is related to a web server.
BUT, I have been coding HTML, Perl, CGI for years and if you are just wanting
your users to be able to log into HORDE from your home page you will need to add
the form information found in your Horde login screen.

Firstly you are going to need:
<form name="imp_login"
action="http://webmail.your-domainname.com/horde/imp/redirect.php" method="post"
target="_parent">
<input type="hidden" name="actionID" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="url" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="load_frameset" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="autologin" value="0" />
<input type="hidden" name="server_key" value="imap" />

Secondly you need the foirm fields which collect user data
User:
<input type="text" tabindex="1" name="imapuser" value="" style="direction:ltr" />

Pwd:
<input type="password" tabindex="2" name="pass" style="direction:ltr" />

Language:
Look for the '<select>' tag and everything that collows including '</select>'

Now add your login button:
<input type="submit" class="button" name="loginButton" tabindex="4" value="Log
in" onclick="return submit_login();" />

And then close your form tag
</form>

Depending on how data is handled in the TEXT form fields, specifically
'imapuser'.
Horde could gripe about missing user information.
But give it a try, add the HTML to your page and then try logging into Horde and
see if all functions properly.
This would surely be the easiest way to accomplish what you describe.

I hope this helps you...
Double check the HTML source code in your browser when you visit the Horde
WebMail login screen. [view the source and look for the login form]

Regards