[horde] Fw: Using a global ldap address book.

Steve Devine sd at msu.edu
Thu Jul 24 18:24:37 UTC 2008

Niyati Dave wrote:

>> thx for response
>>
>> yes i have edited the sources.php for global addr book
>>

>> sources.php..............
>>

>> $uid = Auth::getAuth();
>> if (preg_match('/(^.*)@/', $uid, $matches)) {
>>    $uid = $matches[1];
>> }
>>
>> $cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
>>     'title' => _("Shared Address Book"),
>>     'type' => 'ldap',
>>     'params' => array(
>>         'server' => 'localhost',
>>         'port' => 389,
>>         'tls' => false,
>>         'root' => 'o=test.com',
>>         'bind_dn' => 'cn=Directory Manager',
>>         'bind_password' => 'password',
>>         'sizelimit' => 200,
>>         'dn' => array('cn'),
>>         'objectclass' => array('top',
>>                                'person',
>>                                'organizationalPerson',
>>                                'inetOrgPerson'),
>> 'scope' => 'one',
>>         'charset' => 'iso-8859-1',
>>         'version' => 3
>>     ),
>>     'map' => array(
>>         '__key' => 'dn',
>>         '__uid' => 'uid',
>>
>> ),
>>     'search' => array(
>>         'name',
>>         'email',
>> //         'homePhone',
>> //         'workPhone',
>> //         'cellPhone',
>> //         'homeAddress'
>>    ),
>>     'strict' => array(
>>        'dn',
>>     ),
>>     'approximate' => array(
>>         'cn',
>>     ),
>>     'export' => false,
>>     'browse' => false,
>> );
>>

>> but its not showing up and permissions editing gives this error
>>
>> is there anythin i hav to define in hooks or anywhere else?
>>

>> Regards
>> Niyati Dave
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Otto Stolz"
>> <Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de>

Log in as Administrator
Go to Permissions
Click the plus sign next to the Keys where it says All Permissions.
Select Address Book (turba)
Once its added when you expand Address book it should read Sources.
    Edit the acls for Sources and select show and read for All
Authenticated users.
THEN  LOG out .. you will not see the change until you Log out and log
back in again.
Once you have done that when you go in under options for Address Book
your defined address book should be available under Display Options.

--
Steve Devine
Email & Storage

313 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra