[horde] Users

horde at corwyn.net horde at corwyn.net
Mon Sep 15 20:48:14 UTC 2008

OK, (running on a test machine - I'm not that crazy)  in order to
narrow down the issue I have issued per yuor suggestion:
chmod 777 /etc/passwd
chmod 777 /etc/shadow
(yeah, terrible for production, I really do know).

and it still doesn't work.
I've set
$conf[auth][driver] to Password file Authentication
and
$conf[auth][params][filename] to /etc/shadow (and/or /etc/passwd)
and
$conf[auth][params][encryption]  to crypt or crypt md5

and I can't log in. When in admin mode on a system already logged in,
if I select Administration > Users
I get
A fatal error has occurred
Couldn't open '/etc/passwd'.  (or /etc/shadow)

[line 245 of /var/www/html/horde/admin/user.php]

It _should_ have permission to open those files (everyone really).

What am I missing?

Rick