[horde] postfix: auth using email-address

LALOT Dominique dom.lalot at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 09:01:48 UTC 2008

Instead of using a flat imap domain, you can login imap using email
adresses. That could be done using cyrus.
If you have a central ldap with emails inside, you can search email, get uid
then bind with the password. That should not be so complicated

2008/12/13 <sascha at kredibel.de>

> We are using IMP in a shared vhost environment.
>
> I would like to let the customers log-in using their email-addresses (or
> aliases) instead of their IMAP username.
>
> So far I just found solutions using LDAP or mySQL and I was wondering if
> this isn't too complicated.
>
> All postfix mail + aliases are found in /etc/postfix/virtual:
>
> user at domain.tld      user
> alias at domain.tld       user
>
> The matching could probably be done using a hook that scans this file.
>
> Is anybody using a hack already to do the matching this way?
> Perhaps somebody knows a less complicated approach?

Dominique LALOT
Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseaux
http://annuaire.univmed.fr/showuser?uid=lalot