[horde] SSL Issue

John Gates dimante at dimante.net
Wed Feb 18 13:46:37 UTC 2009

  I have a self signed certificate on my mail server.  At times in IMP and Turba when transmitting or attempting to send a message the following is returned:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to <domain>.

SSL peer was not expecting a handshake message it received.

(Error code: ssl_error_handshake_unexpected_alert)

The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

    * Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

I have looked over the SSL configuration on the server and all is well.  Ideas?

Best Regards,
John Gates
Dimante Computer Services LLC
http://www.dimante.net