[horde] Kronolith and Outlook 2007 WebDAV Publishing

Robert McAuley rmcauley at ca.afilias.info
Mon Jun 15 18:30:18 UTC 2009

Hello all,

A lot of our users use Outlook 2007 and 2003 for calendaring.  With Horde we've been letting them use Funambol, however we'd like to switch all users to OL2007 and have them use 2007's WebDAV publishing feature. (we have some support issues with Funambol)

The setup is as follows:

- Horde Webmail Groupware Edition 1.2.3 (stock/fresh download, no code modifications)
- Outlook 2007 Service Pack 2 on Windows XP SP2
- Apache 2.2.3
- Postgres 8.1.11

I can export an iCal file directly from Outlook and import it into my Horde calendar with no problems.  The problem is when using the WebDAV publishing.

For people looking to use this OL2007's feature in the future, I'll document here that you need an Apache rewrite rule to make it work.  Outlook takes only a directory as an upload point, not a file, and names all files "[name of calendar]_Calendar.ics", so one must rewrite to publish to the user's default Horde calendar:

RewriteRule rpc.php/kronolith/(.*?)/(.*?)_Calendar\.ics$ rpc.php/kronolith/$1/$1.ics [L]

Now for the problem.  Outlook shows a "server error" message, and this pops up in the Horde logs:

Jun 15 10:55:51 HORDE [debug] [kronolith] Kronolith_Driver_sql::listEventsConditional(): user = "rmcauley"; query = "SELECT event_id, event_uid, event_description, event_location, event_private, event_status, event_attendees, event_keywords, event_title, event_category, event_recurcount, event_recurtype, event_recurenddate, event_recurinterval, event_recurdays, event_start, event_end, event_alarm, event_modified, event_exceptions, event_creator_id FROM kronolith_events WHERE calendar_id = ? AND ((event_end > ? AND event_start < ?) OR (event_recurenddate >= ? AND event_start <= ? AND event_recurtype <> ?))"; values = "rmcauley,0000-01-01 00:00:00,9999-12-31 00:00:00,0000-01-01 00:00:00,9999-12-31 00:00:00,0" [pid 7198 on line 326 of "/var/www/html/horde-prod/kronolith/lib/Driver/sql.php"]
Jun 15 10:55:51 HORDE [error] [horde] There was an error importing the iCalendar data. [pid 7198 on line 157 of "/var/www/html/horde-prod/lib/Horde/RPC/webdav.php"]

It's not the SQL that appears in the line above it, as running the actual SQL against the database produces no problems.  The iCal exporting feature of Outlook presents the same UI and options for WebDAV and local iCal exporting, and iCal data is imported correctly from an Outlook .ics file uploaded with IE6, so as much as I'd love to quickly blame Outlook here that doesn't appear to be the case.  I could (try) and grab the iCal data being sent via tcpdump/wireshark, but I'm not sure if that would help or not.

Does anyone else have Outlook 2007 WebDAV publishing working?  Or have any ideas about the above error?

--
Regards,

Rob McAuley
Systems Administrator, Afilias