[horde] switch from mysql to postgresql

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Mon Aug 17 08:39:35 UTC 2009

Zitat von Michael Cramer <bigmichi1 at bigmichi1.de>:

> Hi,
>
> does anybody know how to switch an existing horde installtion from
> mysql to postgresql? are there some scripts around to do the copying
> of the data?

There are no scripts as far as i know. But it should be as simple as
doing a dump at MySQL maybe with some options to produce more
"portable" SQL like "--compatible=postgresql" and adjust the data
types in the dump to match the ones from the PostgreSQL table creation
scripts from Horde.

We have done that in the past and there where no trouble at all. You
might want to exclude indices and constraints from the transfer and
create it by hand after moving the data.

Regards

Andreas