[horde] Horde categories and vCard

Art art2crazy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 23:26:15 UTC 2009

Hi,
My setup is:

Horde 3.3.5
Turba 2.3.2

First thanks guys for an excellent product; the more I use it the better
it gets!
One of the problems I'm having is with horde categories and vCard.
Category filed in turba/config/attributes.php is set up as follows:

$attributes['category'] = array(
      'label' => _("Category"),
      'type' => 'category',
      'params' => array(),
      'required' => false
);

When I export my test address book to vCard everything is OK, but when I
try to import it back, category is cut to the first letter and horde is
treating it as new category.
Ex: if category in vCard is "CATEGORIES:Self" it will be imported as "S"
I first noticed it during sync with my Pocket PC, but I tested it with
just a regular import/export from turba and it's as I described above.
When I change the type to text in attributes file, horde imports it
correctly.
So, I guess the question is if this is a known bug/somebody can confirm
or if not how can I trace is it, and maybe you can tell me which
file/function is responsible for matching horde categories?

Thanks,
art