[horde] s/mime private key

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Oct 30 21:34:41 UTC 2009

Quoting martin_hansen at nym.hush.com:

> Hello,
>
> thank you for your replies. Does Horde encrypt the private key by
> itself again? I ask because usually the private key has already
> been encrypted during export on my computer. So the Horde s/mime
> session password is different to the password I have originally
> encrypted the private key with on my computer?

On uploading to horde you have to enter the old password
(from export) and the new password (for the usage in horde).
If you have exported your key in the pem format you could
insert it in the database (you may have to convert linebrakes)
and use it with the export password.

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen