[horde] preview pdf

Chris cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Fri Sep 24 12:44:08 UTC 2010

Quoting Alexa Rodriguez <avrodriguez at jusbaires.gov.ar>:

> Chris <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com> escribió:
>
>> Quoting Alexa Rodriguez <avrodriguez at jusbaires.gov.ar>:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> It's possible preview attached pdf documents?
>>>
>>> If so, how do I do?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Aleka.
>>>

>> Are we to assume you are talking about IMP here?  If so, please be
>>  aware that there is an imp mailing list, and this is probably
>> better  suited for that list.
>
> Ok, thanks!
> I will try in this list
>>
>> But... if you *are* talking about IMP, after you attach the pdf
>> (browse for it, and click the "update" button), look to the bottom
>>  of the "New Message" window, you will see that the name of the new
>>   attachment is really a link.  Click on it, and it should give you
>> a   preview.
>
> I performed the steps, although the link is generated I have no
> preview of attached pdf with Horde-Imp, I attached screenshot.

Aleka,

This is neither a horde nor imp issue.  You simply need to teach your
browser which application opens a PDF, or install a plug-in.  If you
install adobe reader, and you are using Mozilla Firefox, it should
install a plugin that will do this for you -- you will need to refer
to your distribution of linux documentation or post to a forum for
your particular distribution of linux.

Or, in the window you show in your screen shot, you simply choose the
"Open with" option, navigate to your pdf reader (acrobat reader, xpdf,
okular, etc.) and check the box at the bottom of the window that says
"Always do this for files of this type", then it will spawn your pdf
reader externally for your preview from now on when you click on a pdf
link.

If you still need help, find a forum for your distribution of linux,
and tell them you need help getting the adobe reader plug-in to work
in linux.

Good luck.

-Chris