[horde] (no subject)

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 08:27:54 UTC 2010

hi Niels ! :

--- On Thu, 21/10/10, Niels Dettenbach <nd at syndicat.com> wrote:

> i can see two things here:
>
> 1.) Please disable warnings / deprecated warnings in your
> php.ini
>  see i.e.
>     error_reporting
> in php.ini as the default values often are not suitable for
> production environments.
> (this is not horde specific)
>
> I did not have this in mind currently, but i remember to
> use something like:
>
>     error_reporting = E_ALL &
> ~E_NOTICE

Yes, that's the same on my .ini file.

>     display_erros = Off

Yes, that too. Same.

>     display_startup_errors = Off

Yes, that too. Same.

> but you may have to check if this fit's your needs.
>
> 2.) Your database could not be found / connected. I assume
> your database configuration is not working / actual anymore.
> Eventually the selected DB drivers are missing in your php
> installation (i.e. mysql/mysqli) / pear modules.
>
> Make shure you have all the required pear modules installed
> - especially regarding your database configuration - i.e.
>  - DB
>  - MDB2
>  - MBD2_Driver_mysql (or ...mysqli)

All Required pear modules installed and at the right place.

> You may check if extension_dir in php.ini points to the
> correct and current path of your modules (if extension_dir
> is defined).

Yes, it points to the correct place. Eventhough that specific
variable is not set (it's commented out by default) and I see
no reason to uncomment it, since the modules are loaded.

> hth
> good luck,
>

> Niels.
> ---
> Niels Dettenbach
> http://www.dettenbach.de

Thank you very much for your help. Looks like something I misstyped.
I got rid of php-5.3.3 and put php-5.3.1. At start it behaved _Exactly_
the same. Then I scraped the whole horde-webmail folder and re-installed
it. Reconfigured all relevant items and then ran /scripts/setup.php and
it didn't complain _at all_.
Horde seems to be working fine.
Next step to, once more, get rid of the horde-webmail folder and php-5.3.1
and install php-5.3.3 and horde again and see what happens.

Thank very much for your help.
Deeply appreciated.

Best Regards,

Spyros

----
"I merely function as a channel that filters
music through the chaos of noise"
 - Vangelis