[horde] "Could not save horde_dir configuration value to PEAR config."

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Sat Apr 23 13:42:56 UTC 2011

I've installed H4 / IMP5 successfully on a CentOS5 box.  Now I'm trying
to duplicate that on my openSUSE development server... but I get the
error:

"Could not save horde_dir configuration value to PEAR config."

As in  -

mkdir /srv/www/htdocs/horde
pear config-create /srv/www/htdocs/horde /srv/www/htdocs/horde/pear.conf
pear -c /var/www/htdocs/horde/pear.conf install pear
pear -c /srv/www/htdocs/horde/pear.conf channel-discover pear.horde.org
pear -c /srv/www/htdocs/horde/pear.conf install horde/horde_role
pear -c /srv/www/htdocs/horde/pear.conf run-scripts horde/Horde_Role

Including external post-installation script
"/srv/www/htdocs/horde/pear/php/PEAR/Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php" -
any errors are in this script
Inclusion succeeded
running post-install script "Horde_Role_postinstall->init()"
init succeeded
Filesystem location for the base Horde
application : /srv/www/htdocs/horde
Could not save horde_dir configuration value to PEAR config.
Install scripts complete