[horde] Horde_Exception leads to PHP-Error

Stephan Kleber stephan at admin.nabira.de
Mon Apr 25 20:07:10 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right place to bring up this presumed bug.

I found my problem discussed, but not solved here:
http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20101206/039564.html

I assume it is an issue with the workaround for the PHP-Exception class
with PHP-Version < 5.3 when the class definition of Exception.php is used.

If any script part runs into an exception, PHP shows this error:
PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class Horde_Exception in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Exception.php on line 17

If I insert a debug_print_backtrace(); in line 17 in Horde/Exception.php
I end up with the stacktrace given in the attachment upon opening the
main index.php of horde with the browser. The Exception was not thrown
with an empty (as distributed) configuration in conf.php

Any suggestions where this error originates?

I use Horde 4.0.1 downloaded and installed from pear.

Kind regards
Stephan