[horde] VFS questions (was: old horde_vfs entries - delete?)

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Wed Jun 15 13:44:02 UTC 2011

On 15.06.11 12:56, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Don't use linked attachments. Or configure different VFS backends for
> the different VFS usages in Horde applications.

of course. Luckily it seems that linked attachments were eating most of the
space so fixking that should help enough.

>> I found out that some of the data are MEGABYTES long and were really changed
>> some years ago.
>
> Yes. So?

they were eating much of space.

>> Is there any way to configure what data are allowed to be stored in VFS and
>> for what time?
>
> There are a lot of different usages for VFS, and each place takes care
> of garbage collection or deleting files regularly fro VFS if it makes
> sense.

That explains it. My predecessor configured sql-based VFS and did not turn on
garbage collection. I have turned it on and disabled linked attachments, I
hope that will clean the DB "a bit".

Thank you for explanation, I hope I understand horde a bit better now.

M$ Win's are shit, do not use it !