[horde] Error on /services/portal/sidebar.php not found

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 00:20:52 UTC 2011

We rolled out horde webmail 4.08 today in production.

It seems as though browsers have cached documents from the 1.29 version
which are requesting sidebar.php from the old path.  We get this error
throughout the day:

[Mon Aug 22 21:06:03 2011] [error] [client XX.YYY.53.195] script
'/usr/local/www/horde/horde-webmail-4.0/services/portal/sidebar.php'
not found or unable to stat, referer:
https://webmail.example.com/services/portal/sidebar.php

I grepped recursively for "services/portal/side" under horde 4 and
didn't find anything, but that path
was used in the prior 1.29

I put a message on my local motd.php suggesting people clear their
cache if they find
the sidebar menu missing.  But the error continues from some users.
Is there anything
else I can do?  It would seem they don't miss it if all they want is core mail.