[horde] Tag Cloud

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Sep 13 22:27:49 UTC 2011

Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at buongiorno.com>:

> Hi
>
> What is the purpose, or better, the input for the Tag cloud?  I
> would have expected it to be a tag cloud of key words from emails or
> something like that, but it's permanently empty.

Since you don't mention where you are seeing this tag cloud, I am
going to assume it's the tag cloud block on the portal. This tag cloud
contains, well, tags from any application that exposes them via the
SearchTag API. Clicking on one of the tag names would display (in the
block) a list of items/links from any of those applications that match
the tag - sort of a horde-wide tag search.

That being said, it's a leftover from Horde 3, where Ansel (photos)
and Jonah (blog) exported their tags. Neither of these apps are
released yet for Horde 4. In Horde 4, tag support was also added to
Kronolith but I don't think the API support was added yet to export
tags to this block. This block will most likely be refactored to use
the new tagging system anyway.

Bottom line is you don't have any applications that export the tag
data for this block. Though, ideally, the block should be smart enough
to figure this out.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)