[horde] Activesync not working

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 00:56:59 UTC 2011

>> Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:
>   >
>   >> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>   >>>> Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:
>   >>> >
>   >>> >> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>   >>> >>>> Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:
>   >>> >>> >
>   >>> >>> >> Hello,
>   >>> >>> >>
>   >>> >>> >>  My Activesync is still not working.  Actually its getting
>   >>> worst. Just
>   >>> >>> >> upgraded to the latest horde framework with
>   >>> >>> >>
>   >>> >>> >>  "pear upgrade -a -B- c horde" and NO errors whatsoever.
>   >>> ....
>   >>> >
>   >>> > --
>   >>> > Horde mailing list
>   >>> > Frequently Asked Questions: http://horde.org/faq/
>   >> Bad news... I created a dummy calendar while keeping my normal (buggy?)
>   >> calendar in Kronolith and selected only the dummy calendar for sync with
>   >> mobile devices.  Then I added the account on my iphone and sync'ed the
>   >> calendar.  All went fine at first.  All events that were in the dummy
>   >> calendar were sync'ed on the iphone and vice-versa.  Then over the last
>   >> few days I played around by creating & modifying events on the
> iphone and
>   >> all have sync'ed to horde until the last two event which got sync'ed to
>   >> horde properly (good dates and times) except it was not created in the
>   >> dummy calendar but the real one...
>   >>
>   >> Sound like AS is confused which calendar to use....
>   >
>   > Yeah, that makes sense. I think we need to tweak the logic that
>   > determines which calendar to send new events to. The AS protocol
>   > technically only supports a single calendar. So, what we do is
>   > combine all the calendars into a single stream and send them to the
>   > device. This allows all the calendars the user owns to be visible and
>   > *editable* on the device, but *new* events will *always* go to the
>   > user's default calendar.
>   >
>   > We probably need to either enforce that the default calendar is
>   > always sync'd or if it's not being sync'd, create new events in the
>   > first calendar listed in the sync pref. I would lean towards the
>   > first option.
>   >
>   >
>   >> I'd like to update the AS log but its over 3.5MB.  Anywhere I
> can upload it?
>   >
>   > If the only error is creating new events in the default calendar when
>   > that is not being sync'd, then the log is not necessary at this time.
>   >
>   >
> [...]
Yes,  so far thats the only "glitch".  I also like your idea of the main
calendar as-default for AS.  To troubleshoot the huge glitch I had with my
calendar, I am leaning toward the corruption in the import from KDE
(Kontact).  I would'nt be surprised.... I got rid of Kontact a long time
ago because it had too may bugs and was too heavy (Akonadi)... Anyways, I
like your idea of re-creating all events from the so-called buggy calendar
to a new calendar and use it as a real test bench, after a few weeks, if
all is still fine, I will migrate this test calendar as final and delete
the original buggy one.

What would you do to copy/re-create all events ?  One by one will take me
hours... :(

Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
    Sent from Horde Groupware - GNU/Linux