[horde] pear.horde.org reg.

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Tue Mar 20 05:59:10 UTC 2012

Please keep discussions on the list, don't email me directly.

Am 20.03.2012 06:53, schrieb ANANT S ATHAVALE:

> ----- Message from Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de> ---------
> Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 06:39:50 +0100
> From: Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>
> Subject: Re: [horde] pear.horde.org reg.
> To: horde at lists.horde.org

>>> Thanks for responding to my request.
>>>
>>> This file does not contain the files contained in 'rest' directory. And
>>> I already downloaded all the files in 'get' directory. So, I want the
>>> list files contained in 'rest' directory.
>>>
>> You don't need anything for offline deployment but channel.xml and the
>> tgz files. I don't even know what files are inside the rest dir.
>>
>> Just install first the channel.xml file, then the role and then
>> whatever horde pear packages you need.
>>
>> Try
>>
>> pear channel-add channel.xml
>> pear install --nodeps --force Horde_Role.tgz
>> pear run-scripts horde/horde_role
>> pear install --nodeps --force Horde_Foo.tgz
>> pear install --nodeps --force Horde_Foo2.tgz
>> pear install --nodeps --force Horde_Foo3.tgz
>> pear install --nodeps --force Horde_Foo4.tgz
>>
>> Something along that line.
>
> I have running Horde 4. I need to upgrade to the latest versions. I have
> done upgrade several times before by using the 3 wget commands and have
> been successful before. But, I am facing the problem with downloading
> rest directory files for the first time. I think this has happened after
> Horde Developers rebuilt their pear website after some incident.

Was there any documentation on the /rest dir being listable? What kind
of information was in there?

> I want to maintain a clean method of installing. All dependencies should
> be known and downloaded.

What's not clean about downloading the packages and installing them via
pear?

> Now, currently without all files in rest directory, I get the message
> that, there is nothing to upgrade, though there are later versions which
> are available as tgz files.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> ANANT.

This doesn't happen here.

When I install a newer version of a tgz file (with a newer package.xml
file) locally, I get it installed.

Can you point me to a file where the line
pear install package.tgz
does not result in the newer package being installed?

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de