[horde] Turba several email addresses functionality lost

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 11:25:48 UTC 2012

Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:
> ----- Message from Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com> ---------
>     Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 19:10:46 -0400
>     From: Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>
>   Subject: [horde] Turba several email addresses functionality lost
>       To: Maillist-Horde <horde at lists.horde.org>
>
>> Hi,  back in December 2011, I enabled the multiple email addresses in Turba
>>    as described very well in
>> http://wiki.horde.org/TurbaExtraFields?referrer=HowTo  but for some
>>    reasons, now I am trying to send an email to an address which is
>> no longer
>>    in my turba contact.  I quickly came to the conclusion that all contact's
>>    alternate emails were no longer available for some reasons..  I just HOPE
>>    doing the last Horde upgrade did not delete them from the SQL database...
>   Are the extra email fields / addresses that you created still in
> SQL or not?
>> The file 'turba/config/attributes.local.php' is still there with the info
>>    I put last dec 2011..  Everything remained the SAME except the
>> update which
>>    I performed last week.
>>
>>    Id like to recover these other addresses for each contact.  How??
>   Until you verify if they are still in SQL, then I can't see how
> anyone is going to be able to help you much. If they are not, then I
> would suggest that you will need to look at recovering from SQL
> backup, and working out what removed them. If they are still there,
> then you need to re-verify the how-to process, and make sure that
> you changed *.local.php and not something that has been overwritten
> by an upgrade. FWIW (and I wrote the how-to) my multiple address
> set-up still works fine, although I am yet to do this latest upgrade
> (I am on Turba 3 0 12, Horde 4 0 14).
>> Any help is very appreciated!
>>
>>    Louis-Philippe Allard
>> lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
>>    Sent from Horde Groupware - GNU/Linux
>>    --
>   Cheers
>   Simon.
>
>   --

Oh man, thats not good... I think the extra database entries are gone.
Why?? Not sure but last time this server was even just powered on, they
were there.  I am thinking about the last update(s) since last week....
Anyways, Ive done a quicksearch in the horde DB with phpmyadmin, and found
no index called "object_email3" or "object_email2"....

Not a good sign... eh?

Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
    Sent from Horde Groupware - GNU/Linux