[horde] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Interface design Horde 4.1/5.0

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Tue Apr 24 16:06:30 UTC 2012

Hi,
----- Nachricht von Jānis <je at ktf.rtu.lv> ---------
   Datum: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 18:40:24 +0300
     Von: Jānis <je at ktf.rtu.lv>
Betreff: Re: [horde] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Interface design Horde 4.1/5.0
      An: horde at lists.horde.org

> Citējot Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
> Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:44:59 -0600:
>
>>> Can you provide more details? Why is the dynamic view no option?
>>> What is missing/problematic about it?
>>
>> I, too, am interested in this answer.  Especially since our
>> experience has been just the opposite: nobody uses the traditional
>> mode anymore - only the dynamic (and smartmobile) mode, for IMP at
>> least.  All paid development requests in the last 3-4 years have
>> been exclusively for the dynamic view.  I personally am no longer
>> actively adding features for the traditional view.
>
> actually, my users find dynamic view annoying. just our 2 cents

It was them same for me, but since I put some minutes into
understanding how to initial configure the dynamic view in the admin
section, e.g. put all Menu Links in the Buttons/Frames
(IMP/Kronolith), I mostly find my stuff/links again.

But I still agree on the fact, as everyone here, that a default view
must exist so that it looks all the same.

I like the IMP dynamic view. The Kronolith dynamic view looks more
playstyle to me, not so professional, however, I like the calendar and
its functions very much.

In IMP I only can tell that the left frame looks somehow 'overfilled'
and I hope it will become smoother with the designer group the Horde
developers hired.

Awaiting Horde5 with couriosity!

Andreas