[horde] ActiveSync Problems with Galaxy Nexus, Android 4.0.4

Robert Müller tastenmann at chorwurm.de
Tue May 22 08:22:04 UTC 2012

Zitat von Robert Müller <tastenmann at chorwurm.de>:

> So, yes, I am asking why the contacts disappear and NEVER reappear
> unless I reset the sync partnership. Any hints for me what I should
> be looking for?

Hello, there's some news about my issue. After fiddling around, I've
found out the following:

- If something triggers a reset of the sync partnership (like adding
or removing a calendar or address book to the sync list or just
pressing "RESET" in the ActiveSync settings page in Horde), everything
will be re-synced. That means all contacts disappear, are added again,
and after that, they disappear again. I can press the reset button in
the settings page as often as I like, this only leads to all contacts
reappearing and then disappearing again after a few minutes.
- I can remove the Horde ActiveSync account on my phone, then delete
the device in Horde and recreate the account on the phone. This leads
to contacts and calendar entries being synced to the phone. The
contacs and calendar entries will remain then until I trigger a new
reset somehow.

My workaround for now is to always remove and re-add the account
whenever I change something that triggers a reset, but I'd still like
to know what's causing this. I will try to remove all contacts and
calendar entries and do a minimal sync with just one contact and
calendar entry. I'll also create a logfile of this and a wireshark
trace which I will then provide to you along with version information
about everything in the software stack concerning Horde. Any other
suggestions?

Best,
   Robert Müller