[horde] Howto change a username and preserve data

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Sep 12 16:11:39 UTC 2012

Zitat von Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com>:

> Need to change a username from something like alphadog to alphacat,
> want to retain all their customizations, calendar, contacts, tasks,
> etc.  Using imp backend on imap.  on the OS-side, easy to change the
> login info, but don't see a way in the UI for horde.  Also have an
> activesync thing setup, so I know they'll need to re-type their
> username on their phone.  Anything else?
>
> I assume some sort of sql command then?

No, this is not supported, because there might be cross-references to
the user name that cannot be easily replaced by a simple command, e.g.
permissions.

You could use user name hooks though, to translate from the old to the
new name, keeping the old name internally for horde, and the new one
for authentication etc.
--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project